Marketing a chiropractic practice is by no means an easy task. Yet, worn-out traditional methods such as mailed letters, and trinkets like fridge magnets or even gel ice packs handed out at local events are far too common within the industry.
Sure, those might be attractive to some prospective clients. But, they won’t get a steady flow of leads to walk through that door. Luckily, there’s a better way to cast a wider net and reel in the exact audience you’re looking for—Facebook ads.
Many chiropractors might overlook, however, the power that a paid Facebook ad strategy can have on their practice (if it’s done right, of course). They could’ve tried them out once or twice before. But, it just didn’t work out as they’d hoped—people lining up for appointments and hitting monthly revenue goals well before the 30 days are up. (Sounds pretty dreamy, right?)
If that’s your client, you’re in the right spot. Or, if they have yet to make an attempt at Facebook advertising, we’re glad you’re here, too. That’s because we’ve done all the hard work for you. Yes, you read that right!
We’ve developed a ready-made funnel that’ll help you crush lead generation—all by using Facebook ads to gain new chiropractic patients this week. You ready to get your hands on it?
***This is the first of many as we're kicking off a series of ready-made funnels for various industries… all with YOU in mind. After all, you're focused on making your clients happy and successful. So, be sure to stay tuned in the coming weeks for more insightful goodness.***
Okay, let’s get started on the basics…
Why Facebook ads?
Simply put, Facebook is one of the most targeted, cost-effective ways to promote your chiropractic practice online. Why? Well, the popular social media platform recently reached 2 billion active users, meaning there’s a good chance this is this place your current and prospective patients hang out.
Not to mention, Facebook has access to a massive amount of data on those people—demographics (age, gender), location, behavior (purchase history, job role, media usage), interests (user activity, pages they like, etc.), and so much more.
You following what that means for you? Yup, you guessed it. You’ll have the ability to reach the right people in your local neighborhood with your ads—those interested in chiropractic treatment, while avoiding those who will scroll right past your offering faster than employees chowing down on free donuts at a Monday morning meeting.
But, it’s not just about reaching the right people. It’s also about getting those people to click on your ad and call, email, or whatever it is you want (and need) them to do to transform into a profitable patient.
How do you do that, you ask? With none other than a jaw-dropping offer (or JDO for short) in front of an effective funnel. So, let’s walk through what exactly it is you need to do to get those new patients rolling through the doors THIS WEEK.
A Jaw-Dropping Offer (JDO) For Chiropractic Lead Generation
We’re sharing all the secrets today to help you. One being, the secret “sauce” of your ad—the jaw-dropping offer (JDO). It’s that special something that’ll make the Facebook user stop in their scrolling tracks and go all googly-eyed over your ad, compelling them to click.
While that last paragraph probably got you spinning your wheels about the exact offer you could serve up to your ideal audience, hold up for just one minute. There are a few requirements that go along with creating your JDO.
- It needs to be a narrowly targeted, irresistible sales offer that compels your people.
- It also needs to be a product or service of perceived high value to offer for free (or at little cost).
So, let’s start with the first requirement. You need to determine who exactly it is you’re wanting to target. Now, with a chiropractic practice, there are many different audiences you can appeal to—exercise fanatics, athletes, seniors, pregnant women; you name it.
But, you must focus on one audience at a time and build an offer that’s exclusive to them.
In this case, we’ll focus on CrossFit enthusiasts—specifically women, ages 22-45, with interests in CrossFit and health.
With all the running, jumping, squatting, lunging, pushing, and pulling they do, they’re super tough on their bodies. For that reason, they’re flooding chiropractic practices all over the place, making them a prime target. They need that kind of care to be able to head back to the gym and do it all over again the next day.
Now that we’ve pinpointed our people, let’s move onto the second requirement: the offering. The most compelling and feasible service you can offer to this type of clientele is a free 15-minute massage.
Ultimately, a chiropractor must offer this service or have a massage therapist on staff—which seems to be the norm these days—for it to work. This offer, however, is going to allow the practice to get leads through the door, build trust with them, and double the odds of them returning time and time again.
Easy enough? Let’s keep rolling…
The Winning Funnel You Need
To catch those leads, you need to set up a simple four-part funnel, which includes:
- A well-targeted Facebook ad
- A landing page (aka opt-in page)
- A thank you page
- And, a simple follow-up email sequence and text message
Consider it a mini puzzle of sorts—without one part, you can’t complete it with much success. Now, let’s walk through each part of an effective chiropractic sales funnel to ensure you pass the process with flying colors.
The Facebook Ad
This is where you’ll put that JDO on full display for your audience to see (and get excited about). Remember, it doesn’t need to be lavish. And, you don’t need to write a novel for the copy. Your ultimate goal is to just get those clicks = LEADS.
And, the most effective ad type to do just that is Consideration, with the ideal objective being Traffic. That means you’re focused on sending people to a destination on or off of Facebook for lead generation.
Make sense? Great. Now that the ad objective is knocked out, next, let’s move onto the meat and potatoes—targeting. This is where the segment we discussed earlier (CrossFit enthusiasts who are women, ages 22-45, etc.) comes into play.
To begin attracting leads in your neighborhood with your free 15-minute massage offering, you’ll want to use the following targeting options:
- Your city +25 miles (in this case, we used our local town. But, you’ll need to determine the radius based on where you live.)
- Women ages 22-45
- Purchases Fitness items (behavior)
- Interested in CrossFit, CrossFit Training, Deadlift, and Powerlifting (interests)
Obviously, there are a slew of additional targeting options you can throw into the mix once you have a steady flow of leads coming in. These four targeting options, however, are the strongest to get you up and running.
Once you have your targeting all set up, it’s time to build your ad creative! Again, it doesn’t need to be anything fancy.
It just needs to get them to take action and move onto the next step of the funnel. We're just asking them to provide their contact information to opt-in to your email list and receive the special offer (aka JDO). It's as simple as that.
After that point is when you can reach back out to them to schedule appointments and offer other services.
There are a few components in the ad example above you can copy (yes, we’re giving you permission!) to build a champion Facebook ad that brings you the leads you’ve been craving.
- The Ad Headline—super simple. States the offer clearly and who it’s exclusive to.
- The Main Ad Copy—pinpoints who this ad is for by using lingo a CrossFit enthusiast is familiar with (WOD), while stating that the chiropractic practice can help (give us 15 minutes and we’ll fix it).
- The Ad Image—features CrossFitters in action, making it easier for the audience to relate to the ad (we recommend looking to stock.adobe.com for royalty-free stock images).
- The Ad Description—again, states the offer clearly with a bit more information (who’s giving the 15-minute massage), while using more lingo associated with this audience.
- The URL—is easy to read and is a custom domain. That’s important as you want to be sure to avoid extension URLs (ex. .clickfunnels). They’ll cost your ad more in the long run because they’re ranked poorly Web of Trust.
- The Call-to-Action Button—by choosing Learn More, you’re preparing the audience to get more information about the offer.
Once your audience clicks through the ad, they’ll be redirected to an opt-in page. This page is solely designed to get their name, email, and cellphone number, in exchange for the offer.
The Landing Page (Opt-In)
While it’s great and all if you have a website for the chiropractic practice to send the audience to, we recommend you set up a designated page for this offer using LeadKit. It’s a fast and professional way to build out your funnel pages at a low cost ($20/month).
Check out the example above of a simple landing page you can mimic to collect leads with ease. And, let’s discuss the three reasons as to why this works so well:
- The image and page text are consistent with the ad that led your target there. The image is essentially a woman stretching—something you’d see at a CrossFit gym. And, the page text simply reiterates the offer.
- The target is being asked to provide very minimal information—name, email address, and phone number. Thus, steering clear from overwhelming the user and causing them to click away from the page. All before they fill out the form and claim the offer.
- And, there’s scarcity. This is very important. In this example, we’re only offering this special to the first 10 appointments, getting the user to opt-in faster while pushing them into the office.
We’ve used this layout in dozens of different industries and it works perfectly every. single. time.
The Thank You Page
After the prospective patient enters their information on the landing page and clicks the “Get Your Free 15-Minute Session Now” button, they’re added to your email list and redirected to a Thank You page.
You can probably tell, right off the bat, it’s very similar to the opt-in page, with just a few changes.
- It starts off explaining that an email is coming their way soon with instructions on how to schedule their free massage session—encouraging them to call the office and state the code (“CrossFit”) to redeem. The phone number on this page isn’t just any standard number. It’s actually a tracking number that forwards calls to the business in order to track the effectiveness of the campaign. You can set this up painlessly at CallRail.com.
- Most importantly, at the end, we throw in a bonus stack with some added scarcity. It’s an additional freebie or special offer added to the original offer. But, it’s only given to the prospective patient if they contact the office to redeem within the next 10 minutes. Who wouldn’t want an extra 15 minutes added onto their massage time?!
And, that completes the first three parts of our four-part winning funnel. Lastly, and the most important part of this process, comes the follow up, helping seal the deal with leads who’ve opted-in.
We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again. The degree to which you follow-up with those who’ve opted-in to receive your offer can definitely make or break your campaign. You’ve got to remove any barriers that stand between them and actually going into the chiropractic office. And, make them feel more than just a number.
To help with that, you’ll need to send a series of two emails, as well as an SMS text message. What’s the reason for throwing a text message into the mix, you ask? It puts the tracking number in their hands, encouraging them to call right away—without hesitation.
As for the emails, the first email they should receive immediately needs to restate the same information from the Thank You page. Super simple.
And, the second email they should receive two days later needs to tell them the benefit of claiming the offer, while reminding them that it expires soon. (There’s that scarcity element again!)
So, how the heck do you go about setting all this up? SendGrid is your trusted sidekick (or any other autoresponder tool you prefer), helping you get your follow-up emails up and running.
And, that’ll wrap up the basic layout and flow of a chiropractic practice funnel using Facebook ads. And if you are looking for a Dental Funnel using Facebook Ads Check out this Post. Now…
Give It A Go!
We’ve set you up for success, providing you with a ready-made four-part funnel to generate a steady flow of leads using Facebook ads. And, the best part? It’ll work no matter what stage of business you’re in.
Always remember, however, the key to crushing this whole process is follow-up, follow-up, and follow-up. When you make it a priority, and you’re sincere and personable during the process, you’ll avoid letting leads slip right through your fingers.
Just keep that momentum going! Because, once you seal the deal, the job isn’t done. Relationship building is a process and new clients won’t ever forget how you continue to make them feel.
Hooked on the information we shared here today? And, looking to stay ahead of any changes and curveballs Facebook will, without a doubt, throw your way? Join AdLab today. It’s your unfair advantage to stay ahead of the game, while mastering ads for your current and future clients.
Have questions or something to share on this topic? Drop us a comment below. And, be sure to share your results with us once you put this funnel to use!